Magento CE Varnish vs Extensions Full Page Cache

Thanks a lot dedo. I will try this and report back thank you.

Do you have any fix for leverage cache for nginx as well?

I tried placing cache codes in server block at domain.conf nginx but it doesn't work. So I think it must be something to do with HTTPS.

Varnish + HTTPS + ngx_Pagespeed hard to make it work all together.

But sure there must be a way!

Последнее редактирование модератором:
Varnish & HTTPS is hard to configure. I tried a lot from different resources on internet.

Please share how to configure them correctly for magento.
1)set up nginx on SSL port, with proper certificate, make sure that nginx is passing SSL_OFFLOAD variable
2)forward from nginx:443 to varnish:80
3)that's all

Thank you. I will try as you said.

I am going to try either FPC or Varnish. Currently the page loads within 3seconds.

basically varnish/nginx ssl will work great on scheme Данида propose.
from my opinion in most of cases/mid range magento stores use of one of fpc engines combining with redis cache storage engine will be more then enough.
So basically my idea for each new magento install - check few simpler basic optimization schemes first and if result is good one -
not overload it with additional shadowed optimizations for possible small optimizations - more simpler works always better and use less resources.
In the opposite, magento stores vary quite a lot from one to one, some works with specific additional code and functions,
so in some cases even varnish proxy/fpc can lead not to speed improvement but speed reduction or even fails/glitches/resource overusage.

So always check/recheck all carefully and your magento will works on max.

Thanks Max for valuable advice.

Is FPC will help, when you already have PHP7 with OPcache. Can we use memcache instead of redis? i guess they do the same thing.

Thank you. I will try as you said.

I am going to try either FPC or Varnish. Currently the page loads within 3seconds.
Hu, Erahul88
FPCing a slow Magento site doesn't help too much if TTFB ~ 3s. As there is time where FPC cannot apply e.g. member page/checkout page or FPC is not yet warm up.
You may consider PHP7 with opc or even improve hardware configuration.
What is your server current configuration?

I have a website with around 50k configurable and 200k simple. Can Amasty Full Page cache handle this? and for varnish what extension is better. Thanks.

Hu, Erahul88
FPCing a slow Magento site doesn't help too much if TTFB ~ 3s. As there is time where FPC cannot apply e.g. member page/checkout page or FPC is not yet warm up.
You may consider PHP7 with opc or even improve hardware configuration.
What is your server current configuration?

I am using Magento 1.9 on PHP 7 with OPC, Nginx with pagespeed module & Memcache.

Do you think a FPC is required and will further speed up load time? Which is the best FPC?

Traffic: 1000 sessions per day. Load is always below. 0.5

VPS config:
4 cores CPU
4GB RAM
100GB SSD Raid 4 hard drive
1GBPS PORT - USA

Назад
Сверху